310 West 2nd Street
P.O. Box 5418
Thibodaux, LA 70302
Contact Us

type what you are looking for and click on the magnifying glass icon.
  Face Book
  Spot Light
  175 Years
  Photo Gallery
 Departments Search Site  Services

310 West Second St.
P.O. Box 5418
Thibodaux, Louisiana 70302
Office: 985 448-5852
  Thibodaux Marketing Department

  Frequent Asked Questions   If you have a question, email
Luci Sposito, CLED, PCED, CLED, PCED at lsposito@ci.thibodaux.la.us
and your question may be
 shared on our next newsletter.

      Search for a question not listed.

Question: Where do I go to obtain permission to have special events in the City of Thibodaux? 
  Answer: Please contact the "Tax and License" Department via phone at 985-446-7221, email taxdept@ci.thibodaux.la.us or come to City Hall, 310 West 2nd Street. 
Question: What is the City doing to control mosquitoes?  
  Answer: Follow Mosquito Control Services for answer. 
Question: Who picks up dead animals in the community and under a house? 
  Answer: While Animal Control Section (985-446-5021)regularly handles the less than envious task of removing animal carcasses from the city streets, they do not go onto private property. That would be the responsibility of the homeowner. 
Question: Who issues building permits or does inspections? 
  Answer: Permits and inspections are handled by the Cityís Public Works Department. Simply call 985-446-7208 and they will give you more details.  
Question: Why (in August) am I being charged an additional $3.20 on my water bill? 
  Answer: In Act No. 125 of the First Extraordinary Session of 2000, the Office of Public Health (Department of Health and Hospitals) was authorized to charge an annual fee of $3.20 per service connection - to be collected from each consumer by the community water system provider. Fees collected are used to inspect and test public water supplies, as required by the federal Safe Drinking Water Act. It will be coded sf (state fee). 
Question: Does the Recreation Department offer programs throughout the year? If yes, what are they? 
  Answer: YOUTH Programs: Baseball, Softball, Swimming Lessons, Swim Team, Basketball, Volleyball, Summer Camp, Tennis, Cheerleading Clinics, and Flag Football ADULT Programs: Line Dancing, Zumba, Strong Women, Water Aerobics, and Menís Basketball League SPECIAL NEEDS Program: TREC-UP (participate in idol contest, costume contest, Easter egg hunts, Mardi Gras Ball, Christmas party, and much more!) SENIOR CITIZENS Program: Senior Citizens Mardi Gras Ball *Note: Kevin Clement, Thibodaux Recreation Director, is always looking for new ideas so if you are interested in a program not currently offered, please let us know! 
 6/19/2018  Tuesday PRchecker.info     4609